Friday 4 April 2014

Champagne Jean Jacques Lamoureux is a champagne house you should visit if you are in the Côte des Bar and anywhere near Les Riceys


I am still in Côte des Bar (September 2013) and this was on our last day before we had planned to leave for the Marne Region. I had read a bit about Jean Jacques and his training and Champagne making style and wanted to visit his house if possible. No need to make an appointment as his cellar door was open until 6pm. I thought I had ample time to get there but we ended stay at the previous house way over our expected time. You have to love your TomTom GPS it got us there just in time and I'm glad it did. The Champagnes were superb and this was one of my favorites and chosen ones to bring back and have at home.
 



As the Champagne houses are small in Côte des Bar, some that I wanted to visit are open by appointment only. I had per-arranged 2-3 visits per day and some visits lasted for 2 to 3 hours so a day goes very quickly and the region is very large which involves a lot of driving to cover the whole region. 

If you favour a champagne or two head to the  Côte des Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment