Wednesday 21 May 2014

O'sheas - Machans Beach, Qld


Location and setting : Great position, plenty of parking and right on the beach. Well there is a road between you and the beach but really no traffic to contend with. So uninterrupted views out to sea. Nice relax layout, nicely done.
Food  / Menu : A quick lunch was  the plan and I had never been to this place before, always seen the signs on the highway - So there advertising is working.. well it did for me. small menu, easy to choose as it had some old fashioned dishes that just suited the place. The two meals ordered were seafood basket & garlic prawns. The food was very good loaded with fresh juicy seafood. The seafood basket was not as expected and a pleasant surprise : cooked and natural items in the basket. Garlic prawns were Yum.
Drinks : A glass of wine each ; very very average wine list

Special : Location and relaxed feel about the place. Very comfortable place to spent a few hours if you wish
Service : Nice and friendly staff, food & drinks order was taken when we wanted it which was nice and drinks were back on the table pronto. H2o was automatically put on the table which is great. I always like a 2nd drink with my lunch if I'm going to have wine, but I will not wave my arm around to get it. If your glass is empty I would expect it to be asked if I would like another or something else. We waited, the meals were finished, we waited and not even an inquiry as to the need for another beverage. So again another missed opportunity of more revenue in the restaurants register!!

Why oh why: thirsty again - Guess its more money to spend elsewhere. 
Off to the Beach Almond for dessert with extra cash to spend there.

 169 O'Shea Esplanade, Machans Beach, 4878

No comments:

Post a Comment